Highlights of 2018 & Merry Christmas
With 2018 drawing to a close, we wanted to take a moment to say thank you and wish all of our clients, partners & friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
This year has been an exciting year of growth and new developments for Eyecademy. As 2019 approaches, we wanted to revisit some of our highlights from 2018:
- In January, we unveiled our new look branding &
website,and moved into our newly renovated premises at 201 West George Street in February.
- As part of our ongoing company growth, we expanded our Executive team with the additions of both Dave McConachie as Chief Commercial Officer in May, and Jane Marshall as our Head of Service in September.
- August saw us gain the award of the prestegious ISO 27001 Information Security certification.
- In October, we announced our collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University to develop our Blockchain-based food & drink lineage solution
Radixia, in association with the University’s new Blockpass Identity Lab.
- We joined two esteemed membership networks from both the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and ScotlandIS (we were even featured in the Chamber’s December Edition of the Glasgow Business Magazine!)
- Eight of the Eyecademy team raised £2,000 for Action for Children by sleeping out for Byte Night 2018, the UK’s largest sponsored corporate sleepout.
In December, we also donated Christmas toys and supplies to Bobath Scotland, to help the charity continue to support children & adults with cerebral palsy.
- We announced our renewed partnership with global innovator IBM, positioning us in Scotland as a leading digital transformation partner in the cloud and cognitive computing era.
From all of us at Eyecademy, we hope you have a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best for 2019.
We look forward to working with you next year!
More From Our Blog
This Halloween, we thought we would delve into the spookier side of Scotland’s history, going back in time over 400 years to uncover some information about our country’s supernatural past.
To celebrate both Halloween and the release of Shining-sequel Doctor Sleep, Gail has created our very own Stephen King-themed Tableau viz, joining box office data, film data and reviews from IMDb and Good Reads!
What happens when data turns horrible? This Halloween, we’ve broken down our top ‘horror stories’ from the world of data that keep us awake at night.