Eyecademy is Scotland’s leading Data, Analytics & Insights provider, working with enterprise clients across the UK to deliver innovative solutions to business problems. Over our 10 years of operation, we have grown to provide bespoke consultancy and software to clients in all sectors, including Finance, Government & Public Sector, Energy & Utilities, Transportation and FMCG, both within Scotland and nationwide.
With an enviable reputation for excellence in the provision of end-to-end data services, our Service Delivery team have an extensive variety of skills in areas of Data Services, Analytics and Software Development. As a fast-growing company, we’re searching for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is a team player, who has extensive experience of BI & Data platforms. Responsible for delivering an exceptionally high quality of service to our enterprise clients, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who pays large attention to detail and is confident conversing with clients and stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to broaden their established skill set with new challenges, with a large variety of client engagements in multiple industries.
- Provide data sourcing, data preparation and feature engineering expertise in support of the Eyecademy team.
- Work as part of the team in preparing and executing a range of data engineering services.
- Provide leadership and assist with skills development for colleagues having less experience of data engineering.
- Apply a structured approach to solving problems with data sourcing, including data quality remediation, engineering joins between disparate data sets from different systems, and addressing issues arising from performance and capacity constraints.
- Influence data owners and technology service providers as required in order ensuring on-time delivery.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in a Business Intelligence Role
- At least 2 years’ MicroStrategy experience (v10.11 and above is advantageous)
- MicroStrategy Project Design, semantic layer design
- MicroStrategy Documents, Dashboards/Dossier design
- Enterprise DB platforms such as MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Relational database theory and data modelling and knowledge of data warehousing methodologies
- Knowledge of ETL tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- An ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed
- Adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities
- A team player who can motivate and support others within the team.
- Proactive identification of risks and issues, escalating where appropriate in a timely fashion
- An ability to interact confidently at all levels and challenge effectively and constructively where appropriate.
Clean Driving License is required