Are you a data analyst looking to work with a variety of the UK’s leading companies? Due to recent growth within the FMCG sector, Eyecademy are seeking an experienced Business Data Analyst to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, and data extraction, transformation, movement and loading techniques and tools. In addition to these skills, the candidate will have experience with Microsoft Access database management systems, and SAP platforms, ideally within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Provide data sourcing, data preparation and feature engineering expertise in support of the Eyecademy team.
- Work as part of the team in preparing and executing a range of data engineering services.
- Provide leadership and assist with skills development for colleagues having less experience of data engineering.
- Apply a structured approach to solving problems with data sourcing, including data quality remediation, engineering joins between disparate data sets from different systems, and addressing issues arising from performance and capacity constraints.
- Influence data owners and technology service providers as required in order ensuring on-time delivery.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Access.
- SAP experience – within a manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Enterprise Database platforms such as MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Relational database theory and data modelling.
- Data warehousing tools and technologies
- Knowledge of ETL tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities
- A team player with the ability to motivate and support others within the team.
- Proactive identification of risks and issues, escalating where appropriate in a timely fashion
- An ability to interact confidently at all levels and challenge effectively and constructively where appropriate.